Re: [LUG] PCMCIA NIC problems :-(

What exactly is the name of the card and any ID details?  What does
kernel ident say the card is?  If you have drivers that are not compiled
for your kernel, they may play up.  Have you tried to insmod the kernel
module manually?  Does it fail?  If so, what does it say?

I always compile my own version of kernel, trimming it down as much as
possible after buying a distribution.  This has added benefits, the
source files and all configuration data therein relate to YOUR
configuration.  When you try to compile the new driver, this information
is used and the drivers *should* run perfectly.  This route also allows
you to change kernel options that may conflict with your card  (which in
my experience does happen.)

James Ogden <zemned@xxxxxxxxxx>