Re: [LUG] Debian install

On most linux versions I've run two same pitch beeps mean success
whereas a single beep of a beep - low beep mean that the driver has
failed to be recognised.  If cat /var/log/messages or dmesg show that a
device driver has been found and that it has been assigned to say
/dev/eth0 , all you need to do to get it running is a /sbin/ifconfig
eth0 <ip address>

where <ip address> may be something like 192.168.1.84 etc...

Beware of cardctl and pulling out devices, certain cards will get really
upset if you don't do a /sbin/cardctl eject prior to yanking.

yours,

James.

James Ogden <zemned@xxxxxxxxxx>