RE: [LUG] knoppix

	>Which window manager are you using?

Using BlueCurve (GNOME) ... Yes its heavy but it does look nice ;-)

	>It would also be rather cosmetic unless you also remove xterm,
sshd, vi,
	emacs, etc, etc :)

Yep locking all that down too, app by app. We are just going to use it for
Open/Star Office and web browsing, so not much more than a internet cafe
type setup. There are probably ways out through the Office apps, but the
point is we are not going to make it easy and also keep an eye on the
underlying linux security setup. When we are more confident we will probably
open it up again. Everybody says linux is more secure, but people can only
be convinced of that when they see it for themselves. Most of my linux
experience has been on my own machines (where I dont have a security issue
with myself, except when I make a stupid mistake), its the first time for me
that I have done a project were a multi user environment is an issue since
my HP-UX, most of the stuff I do now is database maintenance and coding in
client server environment where security is (for the main part)  "services"
based.

Tom.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is the intended solely for the person ( or persons) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender,
and please delete the message from your system immediately. The views in
this message are personal, they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.