Re: [LUG] hello everybody

On Friday 25 Apr 2003 00:13, trewornan wrote:
> I was hoping to introduce myself with a helpful
> solution to someone else's problem, but being a bit of
> a newbie I guess that was a little optimistic. So I
> hope you won't mind if instead I start with a request
> for help - I've got a feeling it should be a
> relatively simple one.

It's always a nice idea to start in such a manner, although in practice you
often just end up lurking for ages in this instance! (kind of like what I
did..).

<snip>

> I tried "mount /mnt/cdrom" and got "/mnt/cdrom
> not in fstab". I noticed that at bootup hdb was
> registered as a cd drive so I also tried /dev/hdb but
> this didn't work either.

You either need to give your cdrom drive and entry in /etc/fstab or specify
both device and mount point at the command line. Try:

	mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

or

	mount /dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom

Your /etc/fstab entry should look something like this:

	/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom   iso9660   noauto,owner,ro   0 0

HTH

Dan

--

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"

	-- Salvor Hardin