Re: [LUG] ROOT:Running apps as another user

	My intention was not to do anything overly complex
	(says he).
	ie:
	Wife phones me at lunch and asks me to configure
	the Appearance section of Konqueror in her account
	so that it's identical to mine.

	As altering the Konqueror config files by hand, from root,
	is a complex business, I figure it's easier to to the config
	from her account.

	Now Wife has omitted to give me the password for her
	account and her boss frowns on personal phone calls.

	No worries I thought. As sys admin (too grand a title in
	my case) I can open her account from root, start up
	Konqueror and do the config. Great. Until I realised I
	didn't have a clue how to do it.

	It's all rather academic now as the wife did the config
	after work. But It seemed to me that it was a task a sys
	admin might be able to do. (And save the wife's deluded
	opinion of me as a computer expert!!)

Keith

--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR\nwith 384MB RAM and 20GB
Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail