Re: [LUG] DVD playback in Mandrake 9.0 (using Xine)

	I had a similar problem using SuSE 8.0 which was
	resolved by installing

	xine_artsplugin-20030216-unified.tar.bz2

	Can't remember where I found it so have a google.
	Hope this helps.

On Tuesday 15 Apr 2003 1:13 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Originally no problem.  I could play any DVD with the standard
> installation.  Then I had the bright idea of installing Netscape 7.01.
> May be unconnected but since then I have been totally unable to play any
> DVDs.  The grep results for xine and libdvd are as follows:
>
> [root@xxxxxxx root]# rpm -qa|grep libdvd
> libdvdcss2-1.2.4-2
> libdvdnav1-0.1.3-1mdk
> libdvdread2-0.9.3-1mdk
> [root@xxxxxxx root]# rpm -qa|grep xine
> xine-oss-0.9.13-3mdk
> xine-dxr3-0.9.13-3mdk
> xine-dvdnav-0.9.13-1mdk
> xinetd-2.3.7-3mdk
> libxine0-0.9.13-3mdk
> xine-ui-0.9.13-2mdk
> xine-alsa-0.9.13-3mdk
> xine-plugins-0.9.13-3mdk
> xine-divx4-0.9.13-3plf
> [root@xxxxxxx root]#
>
> It looks as though I have everything I need.  BUT when I run Xine I get
> an error saying it could not find a suitable plug-in to run DVDs.
> Looking on the detailed page I cannot see anywhere that it loaded
> DVDNAV, DVDREAD or the CSS plugins.
>
> Any clues please as this is driving me batty :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian
>

> --

SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR\nwith 384MB RAM and 20GB
Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail