[LUG] Re:

i suggest using pppconfig to set up the dialup properties - then install gkdial which will show the dialup settings created with pppconfig - then add the users to the dip group

then users will be able to dialup using gkdial

this works a treat on debian machines,

kev

Michael Chidley wrote:

I posted this in KDE newsgroup but got no reply, perhaps you guys can help?

How can i get KPPP to work without having to type in the root password for every user except root. I have tried to follow the instructions within KPPP manual but it still doesn`t work.

I have KDE 3.1 running on Redhat 8.0.

I think the problem is with PAM authorising but I can`t get my head round it.

Thanks

Mike
____