Re: [LUG] Grauniad on FLOSS

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 11:39, Paul Weaver wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2003 12:15 am, Adrian Midgley scribbled:
> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,928083,00.html
>
> Something thats bugged me for a while, why the "Grauniad"? Am I being thick
> and not knowing a simple word?

Comes from the Private Eye, the Guardian used to be notorious for the
number of typos and mistakes that made it into print, especially during
the 70's and 80's, though they are somewhat better now.

The Private Eye started to refer to the paper as the Grauniad, because
of this, and the name has stuck ever since.

They are much better than any of the other papers at printing
corrections and clarifications though, and it only adds to the character
of the paper.

--
James
jamesk[at]beeb[dot]net

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."  Aesop