[LUG] Busted HD?

Hi there

I'm a little concerned that one of the SCSI drive is my Linux Server is
playing up. It's an old 4Gb Conner drive that I snaffled from eBay. I
usually access the drive from Windows via a Samba share.

Fundamentally, it works as expected. I can read & write, scan etc. but
transactions can sometimes be _very_ slow and on occassion crashes Windows
Explorer. I've never (fingers crossed) actually lost any data The other 3
drive on the Server seem OK (ie. reasonably speedy etc.)

Could read/write problems (retrys etc.) be slowing things up?

Can anyone offer any guidance of what/where I should be looking and what
tools can I run on the server (I'm running RH7.2 with Ext3) to check:

Memory is OK
Samba is OK
The SCSI drive is OK

If the drive is just old & slow, fine, I can live with that - I just need
to know it's not getting ill and might keel over sometime soon.

TIA

Mart