Re: [LUG] Spam filtering

Pete Hatton wrote:

I've currently got a spam tagging system setup using Postfix with SpamAssassin. After running it for a while I'm very impressed by the 100% accuracy of the tagging and I want to start actually removing the spam to a file in a corner somewhere for manual checking later.

100%? Hmm have to disaggree slightly there, but I suspect our rules are out of date. It's been missing the Iraq War in subject line porn type spam lately. But 98% success definatly I would aggree with.

Well, while I've been running 2.50 (1.173-2003-02-20-exp) so far not one mail has been incorrectly tagged. I'm sure there will be one eventually, but I think even at 98%, the risk is low enough to start moving suspect mail from the main system.
With older versions there was a lot of mail incorrectly tagged, but it seems to have become much more intelligent recently.

You want to have a look at using procmail see
http://spamassassin.org/dist/procmailrc.example

I've briefly looked at procmail in the past but it all looks very complicated.... and I've never really understood how or where it would fit it with an MTA such as Postfix.

David.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.