Re: [LUG] new laptop

Hi all

So I DL'd the Mandrake 9.1 RC2 ISO and burned them to CD. Apart from
having to reburn CD1, the upgrade to my office box (AMD K6-2 500, 512MB
RAM) went completely without hitch.

It detected everything, upgraded packages and didn't lose any of my
settings (always a bonus).

I'm going to play with it tomorrow for a while. If I'm happy I'll then
bite the bullet and put it onto my laptop.

I let you know how I get on.

Meeting ...

Unfortunately I can't go to the meeting in a couple of weeks. If there
are any notes / slide shows / whatever for the education section that
can be made available I'd like a copy.

Have a good Red Nose Day :)

--
Mike Callaghan