[LUG] List Reply-to

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Mike wrote:
> This list does...
> 1 - send to list
> 2 - send to list, and cc to list (useful)
> 3 - Don't fill anything in, which I suppose is the best option.
>      (this is probably due to majordomo not supplying the correct
> headers for my mail reader, balsa)

I have no probs, pine asks:
Reply to all recipients? N
Use "Reply-To:" address instead of "From:" address? N
Reply to all recipients? Y

Which let me reply to you and cc the list with zero effort, as I did in
this reply no cutting and pasting required.

Curiously enough, I was just reading about the evils of setting the reply
address on mailing lists just last night... Coincidence or something more
sinister?

Anyways, I agree with Alex - its better to promote list traffic,
especially on a technical-stylee list where people not posting might find
the replies helpful.

Regards,
Mark.