[LUG] Compiling for Cygwin from Linux.

I need to get some of my command line based programs compiled for Cygwin. A Windows user who has Cygwin wants to use my program. The problem is that I do not want to learn how to use Windows or commit to the Microsoft EULA and so I can't recompile from the Cygwin bash prompt.

In theory at least, I should be able to cross compile from my Linux box. Has anyone done this? If so, could they point me in the right direction?

Could I simply recompile the source for the Cygwin GCC on my Linux box?

Thanks
Andrew Rogers