Re: NTFS (was Re: [LUG] new laptop)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 04:36:01 +0000, Mike Callaghan wrote:
> All my 'proper' work is done on the laptop (NTFS) and backed up across

You manage to do work on an NT based system ? :)

> my home network to a Win98 / FAT32 box.

Now, you have be really worried.

The security NTFS provides is a joke. Esp. from the exploits I have seen
with Windows 2000. FAT32 imo is faster. However, I could not find stats to prove
it (can you prove the contrary?).

If you want to use a proper fs, consider ext3.

Regards,
-Kai Hendry