Re: [LUG] new laptop

At 14:55 26/02/2003, you wrote:
Interestingly the ACER CD for Win98 had an undocumented option
to restore to a smaller partition - might be worth checking with
HP for similar, or trying out the "recovery" procedure (assuming
your data is safe), and asking it if it has any options.

Been there, done that. I crashed it fatally just after I got it and *had* to do a restore. I tried all the options available, one of which was create a partition with no OS but the only useful one was the full install.

I'll probably get the latest beta from Mandrake. Then I'll do a belt and braces backup, shut my eyes, press the button and hope.

Regards

Mike Callaghan
Newquay, Cornwall
PGP Fingerprint: AB64 C466 8DCA DF48 8382 3F63 FC36 BAEF