Re: [LUG] Using USB

hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Another way to unload pictures, is to whip out the Compact Flash memory
> card and stick into a suitable USB adaptor, which you should be able to
> mount. This avoids possible driver issues with cameras.

I bought a JVC Digital Video Camera recently,
takes Digital Stills & Stores them as JPEG on Flash.

The camera isn't supporby gphoto, did some reading, plugged in USB cable,
and it works like any other USB mass storage device
(and to think I nearly bought a card reader!!)

Have a look at - http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/
(link to Linux-USB working devices list)

Andy