RE: [LUG] run an sh script with php or perl

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Mark Cubitt wrote:

> >> #!/bin/csh
>
> >That's disgusting!
>
> and steve why is the c shell disgusting?

Personally, I dislike csh because it behaves so differently to the bourne
shell, which is the lowest common denominator on most systems which means
it would make sense to script for that so that scripts are portable.  I
dislike scripting in ksh for the same reasons although ksh is more bourne
shell compatible than csh.

Not thats bourne shell, not bash.  Although as far as I'm aware bash is
100% bourne compatible when called as /bin/sh

Alex