Re: [LUG] Phoenix browser

On Friday 07 February 2003 11:18 am, Ian wrote:

> Keith Abraham wrote:
> > Ditto to everything above ! But only this browser seems able
> > to access my bank and supermarket.
>
> Just a guess: Either you have an older version of Moz, or your
> cookie/javascript settings are different in the two browsers . . .

I have Moz 1.0 here and everything ref cookies/javascript
seems the same as on Phoenix.

Most of the problems (using Moz etc) seem to occur when
entering data into form fields (eg 2 digit field only allows 1
character entry) and option frames which are not displayed.
I don't think there is a fault at my end because these
problems only occur at some sites.

Just try w3.org's page validation test on some of the major
banks/supermarkets and you'll see that most have non-
standard pages. You might think that major players in
these fields would adhere to common standards which
would allow them to grab all the business they can. But no!

One bank even told me to upgrade my Opera 6.11 browser
to version 7 which is a Windows only version.
(And this after I explicitely stated I was using Linux!).
So I can only suppose they are using developement tools
which introduce non-standard code (MS?).

I'll download Moz 1.2 and check them out again.

Keith
--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR
with 384MB RAM and 20GB Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail