Re: [LUG] Phoenix browser

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:36:44 +0000, Keith Abraham wrote:
> Although it's still beta ware I've tried it on sites which
> I previously couldn't assess properly with Mozilla,
> Konqueur, Opera el al (ie my bank and supermarket
> which are designed for IE use).
> Surprise, surprise I can now assess these sites!

That is a surprise considering Phoenix is based on Mozilla.

> Apparently it's written in XUL and is designed to be
> crossplatform.

Again, surprisingly Mozilla is too. :)

> Anyone else tried it?

Just tried it. Very beta. The UI seems faster, but just as bad as
mozilla. For example I HATE IT when the browser pops up a box when it
does not find a page. Argh!

It also does not work atm with Flash. I am sticking with Mozilla.

-Kai