[LUG] [belinda.waldock@actnowcornwall.co.uk: ]

I thought this *may* be of interest to someone.

-Kai

----- Forwarded message from Belinda Waldock <belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:14:45 -0000
From: "Belinda Waldock" <belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

FAO : Kai Hendry  ,

Please find below details of local UKOnline for Business e-vents. If you have a web site or are considering one at this time you may find the UKOnline project of interest.  www.ukonlineforbusiness.gov.uk

As part of the actnow project we endeavour to provide you with information about Communications Technologies through both ourselves and through our knowledge of other initiatives.

I will be available at both events for advice if needed.

Kindest Regards

Belinda Waldock
actnow ICT Advisor
belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
01209 722850

Apologies if you do not wish to receive these emails, please reply to me with remove in the subject line.

I would like to invite you and your colleagues to two half-day workshops which I think you will find very interesting and useful.

The first one is "Getting Paid Online" event which will take place on 29th January 2003 at the Alverton Manor Hotel in Truro.

This workshop will explain the options for credit card payments and other technologies, as well as explore the roles of banks, merchant services and online transaction bureaux. It will also look at the cost and implications of taking online payments.

We are also running a workshop called "Safe & Legal e-business" on 13th February 2003, again at the Alverton Manor Hotel in Truro.

Experts will highlight the dangers around internet security and how best to address them. They will also give an in-depth explanation of the law as it applies to the rapidly changing business world and its use of IT, software and the internet. You will additionally find out about electronic selling and distance selling directivesas well as data protection.

The events are partly funded by UK online for business and only cost £15 + VAT but places are limited so please respond as soon as you can - by phone 0845 600 99 66; or e-mail my colleague Karine Davies on karine.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Timing of the workshops can be found at the end of this e.mail.

I will be present at both events and available to have a chat about your personal circumstances or to book a separate meeting.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Best regards,
Mike Robertson
ICT Adviser
UK online for business
Business Link for Devon & Cornwall
Telephone: 0845 600 9966
www.ukonlineforbusiness.gov.uk
www.blinkdandc.com

PS: If you would like not to receive information on services offered by Business Link for Devon & Cornwall, please email karine.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and she will make sure you are not sent any further correspondence.

Getting Paid Online Event Agenda:
13.00 to 13.30 Registration and Refreshments
13.30 to 13.45 Introductions
13.45 to 15.00 Setting the scene
15.00 to 15.30 Refreshment break & networking
15.30 to 16.45 Implementation
16.45 to 17.00 Q&A
17.00 Close

Safe & Legal E-business Agenda:
13.00 to 13.30 Registration and Refreshments
13.30 to 13.45 Introductions
13.45 to 15.00 Security Issues
15.00 to 15.30 Refreshment break & networking
15.30 to 16.45 Legal Issues
16.45 to 17.00 Q&A
17.00 Close

The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are confidential and intended only for the named addressees. Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal and may not be attributed to PROSPER or any member of the PROSPER GROUP. PROSPER GROUP - Registered in England & Wales. Company Reg. No. 2461550 - Registered Office : 5 Research Way, Tamar Science Park, Derriford, Plymouth. PL6 8BT
This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hendry