[LUG] Transfer of old files to Linux

R.. Tauber fan with v.little hair here once more to pick assembled brains.

Pleased to report Mdk v.9 now working with zero probs.

Have some files on the old Pentium box which are in MSWord 97 and Write files which I would like to move over onto the Compaq 5100. Both these machines have NIC (different types) already and I have some 10B2 cabling and a couple of 50Ohm BNC terminators. Have also a crossover RJ45 cable and two loose spare cards DLink DE528CT + RL(backwards)Pro200WL branded CNet.
Having browsed Chapter 12 of Linux Complete 2nd ed. and Chapter 13 of O'Reilly System Admin seems I have the option of making a Lan. My question is : the files I want to shift only amount to about 4-5MB altogether so I could put them all on maybe 4 floppies and load them onto KWord. No probs with this "we have the technology" and time is not of the essence and I have loads of space on my disk .
Is it worthwhile bringing the Pentium back into part use( for want of a better phrase) running Win95 for those bits of the Word 97 app. that Kword does not yet have an option. (This is the envelope and label facility which KWord does not really do the business for me).

Any thoughts on this gratefully received

Phil