Re: [LUG] Replacing a CD drive with a DVD drive

On Sunday 19 January 2003 6:56 pm, Neil Williams wrote:

dmesg shows (correctly) that I only have one CD/DVD
drive and one CDRW drive.

However hwinfo reports:
:
device								configured, available
HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B	  (new dirve)	no,   yes
LG CD-RW CED-8080B					no.   yes
LG CD-RW CED-8080B					yes, yes
SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-152C     (the old drive)	yes, yes

Somehow the hardware list is correct: also note the double
listing of the 8080BCD-RW drive. Looks like drives are added
but not removed and also new devices aren't getting configured.

All very strange!

Any experts know whats going wrong here?

Keith.
--
SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR
with 384MB RAM and 20GB Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail