Re: Off topic: Paul's choice of bank was Re: [LUG] Bad banks

On Saturday 11 January 2003 8:37 pm, Simon Waters scribbled:
> Why NatWestOT?

They're on campus, offer a no quibbles £1600 overdraft. HSBC decided to charge
me for a direct debit, which they wouldnt have done had they been able to
help me when I went into the branch. Also they only give me £1250 overdraft
(as a student I'm naturally poor)

> Just curious, as a long time NatWest customer they are
> competent, but none of the high street banks are good value
> AFAICT. Changing I would go to a "mutual" building society or
> perhaps the Co-Op bank.

Depends what they can do with me after graduation

> One thing that does annoy me is the taxi cab advert, might be
> true for business customers, but my personal account related
> calls are routed through to an anonymous call centre. I think
> Faye's is in Plymouth, but still if it isn't physically close
> location is academic, Plymouth or Dubai makes very little odds,
> you still have the usual call centre headaches.

Well, only time I've rung up HSBC in the last 5 years was from greece... I do
like having a branch in town where I can go in every term and beg them face
to face.