Re: [LUG] [Fwd: [Fsfe-uk] UKPTO: Guidance for businesses about changes to copyright law]

On Sunday 05 January 2003 2:25 am, David Johnson scribbled:

> Don't you ever sleep?!?

about as much as you and I, I guess

<quote>
The Copyright Directive amends an earlier Directive3 which means that section
72 will be narrowed so that commercial use of broadcasts to provide a musical
ambience or musical entertainment in public will in future require a licence
from Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL) as well as one from PRS. PPL
licenses this use on behalf of the owners of copyright in sound recordings.
This will be true both when the public that enjoy the musical ambience or
entertainment are customers and when they are employees such as in the staff
canteen or in an open-plan office area.
</quote>

Well, its late, I'll read more tomorrow, but on first view that bones student
radio and TV (well actually means we have to pay yet another license fee)

Might be wrong of course.