Re: [LUG] Continuing search for a better mail client

When you have sorted out LDAP, let me know if you have a solution to my
problem with Python LDAP client...

I suspect it derives from my almost complete lack of understanding of all the
elements involved, but it is a nuisance, not least because I do have a
running LDAP server and would like to use it more as a reference source.

LDAP and Python
http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/doc/python-ldap/python-ldap.html
Installed on Osborne

The following example demonstrates how to open an LDAP server using the
ldap module.

import ldap, Tkinter
# l = ldap.initialize("ldap://my-ldap-server.my-domain:389";)
# l = ldap.initialize("ldap://10.0.0.212";) #+/- port number?

l=ldap.open("10.0.0.212") # works, but initialize doesn't here. Version?
l.simple_bind_s("","")
l.search_s("o=92tr, c=UK", ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, "objectclass=*")

http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/faq.shtml

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/