Re: [LUG] giving linux credit in films

On Tuesday 24 Dec 2002 9:28 pm, Adrian Midgley wrote:
On Tuesday 24 December 2002 20:31, you wrote:
I know that Linux was used to do the graphics in films like star wars,
harry potter, and stallion (not seen that yet),  but why is the Linux
community not given any credit for this,

Shh!  We are going in under the radar.
Product placement....When you see a bottle of Jack Daniels opened in a fim
you can assume that the Tenessee distillers were willing to pay more toward
the movie costs than were the makers of Laphroag.

In the absence of such skews, technical teams use whatever works best.

Possibly, but I reckon a quick one-line "Thanks to the entire Linux community"
slipped in somewhere between stand-in-grip-puller #12 and gaffer-tape boy
wouldn't go amiss...

Jon