Re: [LUG] USB modems

USB mounting etc
There are no usbfs lines in my fstab.  Is there more than one way to do this
stuff?
My scanner works very nicely and was easy enough to set up, I've had no
success as yet with USB cameras.
SuSE 7.2

Btw, I must say I really DESPISE cdrecord. CD writing under Linux is a
mess for anything besides burning a downloaded ISO.

I like it well enough.  It seems happy enough to burn raw data if you ask it,
and there seems no real obstacle to using dd to bring it back from the CD...
if one wanted to discard file systems.

The more you know about
stuff, the more you realize how much everything sucks.

With age comes an appreciation for why the layers are piled upon each other
like that, and suck though it may, there is much already depending upon the
abilities of programmer-archeologists to make sense of the layers.
Vernor VInge, a genuine maths and computer science academic, makes good sense
of it in "A Deepness in the Sky" which is a good read for Xmas if you have
nothing better to cover digestion with...
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/