Re: [LUG] Debian 3: starting X11?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 05:36:19PM +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:
Now, should I expect to find X11 on there, and if so where, or what is the
first thing I have to do to get X installed, up and running now?

There are several ways to do it, here is how I would go about doing it:
Use dselect as root. Spend a few moments noting its commands.

Update first, and then go into Select menu.

Search using xserver-xfree86 with /. Then hit INS to select it. Then
press enter to go through dependancies and stuff.

You probably want to select kdebase and kdm that sort of too.

Then hit install, and everything should go smoothly, fingers crossed.

Knoppix makes this sort of stuff less painful.

-Kai