Re: [LUG] Scanner access not easy

No I have no idea, but this is something I would like to do. Ideally I would like to provide each office with a networked scanner, plummed back to the main server. Given that they all run thin client this would have to be the way to do it. I would be really interested to work on this with you to find a solution

Cheers Rick

Tony Atkin wrote:

I have been trying to set up a network scanning station using a scsi scanner and SANE on a Linux machine so that a single scanner can be used by people on other computers in the vicinity on mostly windows clients - with some success - sort of - things are still very flakey.

I still have one major problem. The scanner (epson GT9500) has an old ISAS
CSI card. I have not been able to figure out a way of getting the Linuxb
ox to load the kernel module for the scsi card (aha152x) automatically so I am reduced to the command line - modprobe aha152x . Tried putting this in boot.local but just succeeded in disabling ethernet when it rebooted!! Don't ask me how that happened, the only connection I can think of is that they are both isa cards.

Module confuse me -- any ideas welcome

Running on SuSE 8.1

Cheers

Tony

This email has been virus checked by the Eclipse Internet MAILsafe service
www: http://www.eclipse.net.uk/ email: eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ******************************************************************************

-- Regards and Best wishes

Rick Timmis
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I.T Manager

Super Tramp Ltd:
Super Tramp run their IT systems exclusively on Red Hat Linux and Open Source
Software.
For further information on how free software can benefit your business visit
http://www.redhat.com