Re: [LUG] Spam packet filtering?

On Friday 13 December 2002 4:49 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
Kegs wrote:

For anything beyond personal use you should not block more than
spam inputs based on IP address I think, even then I prefer
other approaches - Spam Assasin and friends.

I'm looking at TMDA for personal use (Theo was using this), as a
spam reduction technique it looks good, but I'm still trying to
figure out how it fits my email configuration.

you might want to look at www.spamcop.net.

they have two services....

1. Free reporting service
2. pay service (approx £15 per year)

I use the pay service and it is worth it in my opinion...I hardly ever get
spam anymore.

You can use it with any email accounts you already have (POP accounts), it
also can now filter hotmail accounts aswell.

I use it to filter my NTLWORLD email address, you also get a
xxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxxx email address which you can use aswell.

Mike