Re: [LUG] Got an Idea

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:05:09 +0000
Rick Timmis <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been speaking recently with the IT Advisor from SW Business Link,
they are very interested in coming to look at what Super Tramp have been
doing witn Linux. Got a two page Article in Linux User for taking ST
from MS to Red Hat ( Mmmm Nice  ;-)  )

I think we ought to combine a LUG meeting with a Business Link Visit on
a Saturday, at Super Tramp. The remit for the excercise would be to get
some press coverage ( Local Business orientated ). Then put our heads
together to figure out how we can introduce Local Businesses to Linux
and demonstrate the benefits of migrating ( Business Link would come in
very handy for this. ). Couple with some of the more recent success
stories and i reckon we may well get some takers.

We should also discuss what effort can be put to help Adrian save the
NHS a FEW ! pounds.

What do you think ??

I think this could be useful.
Count me in.