Re: [LUG] New User

rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear All
I am pleased to say I have recently bought Mandrake 9.0 and am beginning =
to get to grips with it. Unfortunately I can't get rid of Windows =
totally yet - I need to get an external modem. I am hoping to buy one =
shortly.
However, enough waffle, as a new user I am wondering if anyone out there =
will help me. I would like some tuition to get to grip with the basics - =
I live in St Austell, Cornwall but am happy to travel or pay expenses. =
Is there anybody nearby that might give me 2 or 3 hours of there time to =
help me out?
Thanks
Rich

I've just moved to Newquay & I'm hoping to have broadband in the next month, if all
goes smoothly, you can have my modem (if you can wait that long).

I use Mandrake also (currently 8.2) and I have found the documentation that comes
with it is very good (from an 'Idiots guide to Linux' point of view), also I read
somewhere (probably on the Mandrake website) that there is a set of tutorials for
Mandrake 9.0 (again probably somewhere on their website).

Specific problems, ask on the list and someone always knows the answer (or where to
find it)

Good Luck

--Andy Weir-------------------------------------------------------------
| Electrical & Electronics Engineer     Work: andy.weir@xxxxxxxxxx     |
| MIEE       IEE Member No. 8266908     Play: andy.weir@xxxxxxx        |
| (http://www.iee.org.uk)                                              |
| Linux                                    /      \                    |
| Registered User #272048                   _o_/   \                   |
| (http://counter.li.org)                  /  \    /\                  |
| Say no to software patents!           _____|_\@@                     |
| (http://petition.eurolinux.org)             @@@                      |