Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

Terence McCarthy wrote:

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:49:21 -0500
Jonathan Melhuish <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 27 November 2002  4:44 pm, you wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:53:46 +0000

Rick Timmis <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ooo Best not upset them cornish folk lest there be trouble.

I'm not sure if the above is not politically incorrect -racist or
something- but I can tell you the sentence is incorrect. It should be "they
cornish folk" as in "they'm they an' us is we".

LOL, p'raps uz ad betta zet up a deb'nsheer dylekt splin'r groop where uz c'n
speek prop'r!  Tho cors Iz not a prop'r lowk'l meezelf, us iz a voren'r, but
uz c'n do abetta akzent den mowsta d' yung unz roond y'eer ;-)

cor bugger, janner, where'vee bin too? Us is bin roun yeer fr yars, en us ain'd
too plaised bout moos ov um, naither.

Bris'um boys saaz "Vorener's staarts a' Chursen.."

Terence

"Chaucer's English- Alive and Well and Linving in Brixham!"

Hmm, I think that should probably be King Alfred's English. How 'bout
you lads translating the KDE desktop into this expressive medium as an
example of how Open Source allows local folk to adapt software to local
needs ...

Keith