[LUG] Re: meeting 15-12-02

oh, if people are interested (and there's a TV available. It's a video tape, but I'll probably need to bring my own VCR as it's an NTSC tape) I can bring the documentary 'Freedom Downtime' which should be of interest to many of the LUG.

FREEDOM DOWNTIME is the story of computer hacker Kevin Mitnick, imprisoned without bail for nearly five years. The film tries to uncover the reasons why the authorities are so scared of Mitnick as well as define what exactly he did. As word of a new Hollywood movie portraying Mitnick as a terrorist becomes known, hackers begin to turn to activism to get their message out. Through interviews with relatives, friends, lawyers, and experts in the computer and civil liberties arena, a picture of a great injustice becomes apparent. A cross country journey uncovers some realities of the hacker culture as well as the sobering reality that so many technically adept young people seem destined for prison.

Winner of the Audience Award for Documentaries at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, 2002

Matt

(Needs that lift)

Hi, I'm Matt Lee, star of such instructional videos as "Getting Started with your Coleco Adam" and "So, you've bought a WonderMega"