Re: [LUG] Linux desktop push

I can't understand what all the fuss is about. If a business wants Control of its IT infrastructure and low TCO, then go and deploy Linux. Super Tramp run 24 Users and the whole of our business on RH7.3 with KDE Desktops, Openoffice and so on. OK we still have a few MS PC's that get the RH desktop Via VNC.
I don't think any business should throw MS completely to the wall, there are certain things that it is good for, but that doesn't mean you have to dedicate your IT Desktops to one supplier.
Super Tramp works on Linux. nuff said

Rick

Bill Wilson wrote:

I dont think we should be too concerned over a particular brand of linux. We use both Suse and Red Hat and both are good. I see the main focus as a linux desktop which is stable and delivers what the customer wants.