Re: [LUG] Compiling

Richy,

It should just be a case of following these three commands from the directory
itself

./configure
make
make install

although if you're trying to install an rpm, then it should be something like
rpm -ivh <rpmname>

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alex.

Quoting Richy.fennell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi, I am pretty new to Linux and one of my biggest problems is compiling.
I would like to compile the latest version of netatalk on my Server but I
have no idea where to start or what to type, I have searched the internet but
I still cannot seem to find any guide on this topic.

Can anyone Give me some idea on how to compile programmes on Linux?

Regards

Richy

P.S. I am running RH 7.3 on one machine and RH 8 on another