[LUG] crappness help

Hi chaps

Here's a few queries associated with general crappness of these
computers I'm dealing with.

I chose konqueror as the web browser since, the screens are 640x480
and capable of 16 colours (not 16 bit). This has an exciting effect on
printing, making it all very small. I can't readily see how to fix
that.

I tried mozilla, but due to the number of colours on the interface, it
is unreadable. I wonder if there is a way to dull down the interface
to be more simple. Even using the classic theme, it's no good.

Galeon just SEGVs all the time. I've not had a chance to try and debug
it.

Konqueror seems not to was to https, which is odd.

I running them a local twm and calling all the big programs using ssh
-X. This is very very slow. I'm getting a lot of "Windows was faster".

I'm sick of it.

Steve