Re: [LUG] Plug and Play OS

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 06:02:28PM +0000, Neil Stone wrote:
Heres one for the books, I have an ISA PNP sound card, if i turn OFF the
PNP OS setting, the card dosn't work, and if on, it works. I can only
assume this allows ISA-PNP card to operate. Unsure about PCI cards tho..

Yes that is true. From my exp. ISA NICs need it. I read on Kernel
Traffic that some kernel hackers are re-writing PNP. Oh well. For me
plug and pray is so 90s.

Btw, you should not be compiling kernels imo, use distro stock kernels.
And "modconf".

-Kai