Re: [LUG] Laser Printer

Adrian Midgley wrote:

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 17:30, you wrote:

Samsung ML-4500 laser printers (with coloured
TUX logos on the sides) at a very nice (sale) price.

If
anyone is looking for a good B/W laser printer I can recommend this one.

er, should I have mentioned I have one next to me which has given adequate service for several months now...

The only gotcha I have noticed is that while it can be run from Windows, and is fine with Linux, there isn't a DOS driver for it at all.

I've got an ML 4500 which I have used for about a year now, paid about £120 for it. There does seem to be a problem with the print quality now as it seems to leave white holes in the black areas, maybe the supplied toner cartridge lasts less time than it should. The problem is more noticable when I try to produce printed circuit boards - sometimes the problem is sufficient to break a track.

But overall good for the money.

Regards
Andrew Rogers