Re: [LUG] Desktops Deployed !!

Rick Timmis wrote:

Hello List

The LUG can pat itself on the back for promoting open source. On Wednesday
we flicked the switch into the off position and our Windows 2000 Terminal
Server and our NT Exchange server ( and not for another reboot either)

On Tuesday afternoon Super Tramp finalised it systems migration to RH7.3
Linux. Here's a rough spec

RH7.3 running

Mobius SQL
OpenOffice.org
Sendmail
Mozilla Web and Mail
Smoothwall
Gimp

We are currently looking into Scribus DTP.

For other Business users looking into Linux, you may want to take a look at
JALIA ( Sage Equivalent with Sage Import Facitlty and Payroll )

Linux on the desktop is using KDE and ditributed using VNC to 24 Terminals.

This would not have been possible without the support and assistance from
the LUG. With this in mind I would like to offer an Invitation to the LUG
members to come and Visit Super Tramp and take a look at the systems in
place. If you are interested in coming laong then please let me know

You should have invited us for the offical switch-off ceremony :-)

Thanks to you all

Regards and Best WIshes

Rick Timmis

Super Tramp without Windows is like Chocolate cake with out mustard !!
Thanks to DJ ;-)

That's what we're here for :-)

You should be patting yourself on the back too, for many many months of hard work. Bet you're glad the bulk of it's finished with.
Remind me, how long did the full migration actually take?

Anyway, Well done!

David.

--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.