Re: [LUG] Recommended ISP?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 01:38:09PM +0100, John Horne wrote:
On 17-Oct-2002 at 11:15:13 neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
2) Force 9 (or should it be farce.. ?)

Why 'farce'? They seem a possibility to me. What were the problems?

3) Visit www.anlx.net very nice people, excelent levels of technical

Again a possibility. I've mailed them 'what I want' to see how they respond.
Nothing unreasonable, it's just these damn cutoff times that get me.

Demon has also been suggested. I've tended to avoid larger ISP's since they
seem to offer loads of 'nice' things, none of which I want. In that respect
I don't want to pay for things for which I have no use - email addresses,
web space are the usual ones. I do want no cutoff time. I'll look again at

Maybe what you really want is a static ip.  Most client /server apps
can survive a brief outage

I've just got a new 128k isdn vispa dialup.  Getting BOD to work was..um..
interesting but it seems to work ok now.  I'm not bothered by cut off times
myself

Previous I was on v21 at 64k.  When it worked it was pretty fast and when it
didn't i could repeat to myself "it's only 10 quid a month"