Basically he is trying Telnet Open supetramp.co.uk smtp

Any ideas, Is this incorrect firewall config ??

Thansk RIck

On Monday 14 Oct 2002 1:40 pm, Andrew Pearce wrote:
----- Original Message -----

From: "Rick Timmis" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lug List" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: [LUG] Help with Sendmail

Hi List

I am having some trouble with sendmail, I have got it configured and it is
sending mail out onto the net and also delivering mail locally correctly.
However I am unable to get any inbound mail. My ISP sends mail to me by
SMTP.

The problem seems to be connecting to the Sendmail server, I can connect on
localhost or 127.0.0.1 no probs and sendmail round the network. However
when i try to connect ( Telnet ) using the domain IP the connection is
refused.

I have set up Hosts.allow ( Although if I understand the man pages
correctly,
leaving Hosts Allow & Deny Blank will allow all Hosts to connect to
services provided there is an entry in Xinet ).

I am completely at a loss of where to look next, can anyone help

Thanks Rick