Re: [LUG] mystery ide-scsi

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 10:15, Steve Marvell wrote:
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:06:53AM +0100, Alex Charrett wrote:

It's part of the kernel, you should be able to get it by enabling SCSI
generic support (CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG) in the SCSI section and SCSI
emulation support (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI) in ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL Support ->
IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices.

You'll also need to make sure Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD) is compiled as a module.

It's a while since I've needed to to this however.

That sounds liek compiling a kernel! Can't I just modconf my way out
of it?

I would have thought that a set of debian CDs would have not required
me to do this!

No idea, modconf would seem to be one of those debian specific things.
But I'd imagine that if it's missing from your system then you'd need to
compile a kernel that has it in.

I'd try just modprobe ide-scsi and see what happens first though.

That said, compiling a kernel isn't too much of a pain.

Alex.