Re: [LUG] Email Archives from Exchange to IMAP Folders

I am now in the process of Deploying Linux on the Desktop at Super Tramp, I
have sorted out the E-mail Server I went for Sendmail and Procmail using
IMAP, all mail boxes are accessed from Mozilla Mail.

What i need to do is take all the existing mail that is stored on the MS
Exchange ( Accessed via Outlook) server and get it into the respective
mailboxes for the users on the linux box. Mozilla only gives Mail box import
for Netscape Communicator 4.
Anyone got any ideas on how to approach this

One way is to add a new Outlook account with an IMAP account, but I think you
may need Outlook 2000 or XP, and simply drag the emails to the IMAP folder.

Other way, export each folder into a suitable format that is recognised by some
other email client, and search freshmeat for a suitable mailbox convertor, that
is compatable with your IMAP server (Usually mbox)

Pete Hatton