RE: [LUG] Dialup woes (yeah.. again)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:12:31AM -0000, neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

OK, i dial up, authenticate, get assigned an IP address and thats about it !!

I am unable to ping the ppp0 address, the remote address (P-t-P), or anything
else !!

I have one ethernet interface (eth0) and loopback (lo) I am trying with 2
different ISP's still getting the same result.

DNS doesn't work... so running 'route' takes ages and only gives the IP
addresses...

Can anyone shed light on how the hell to fix this damn annoying problem ?

it's possible if you have ethernet nic and a modem that the default route is
associated with the ethernet nic and not with the modem

Look at the output of route -n and see which interface has the default

From what you have said it does sound like a routing issue
--
Jamie Andrews

if i do 'ifconfig eth0 down' i still get the same result, also if i take lo down !!

Neil