Re: [LUG] linux in schools - terminal ... man

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:17:47AM +0100, Mark McRitchie wrote:

I also don't plan on using my other boxen purely as thin clients. I just
don't want the overhead of running an X server on them and then have to
muck about and make sure all the same software is installed on all the
machines.

I don;t mind running an X server one them, they can proably cope. It's
X clients that are the problem.

While I can see the benefit of having all the thin clients / mounted off a
server, it doesn't fit my needs at all.

I suppose I'm going for more of a "slim client" than a fully "thin" one.

I've been looking at the LTSP, and while I think there are some good
lessons to be learned there in configuring an X server, I don't think
it fits everybodys needs for thin client architechture.

Quite

Steve