Re: [LUG] ZIP Drive Problem

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 13:04, David Bell wrote:
I'm currently using Mandrake v8.2 on a tried and trusted box.  However,
when I try to copy /home folders across to a 100Mb zip disk in KDE the
whole gubbins freezes and I have to kill to unfreeze the screen. If I
then remount the ZIP drive the folder is there - but empty. Trying to
copy files across into the opened folder results in another freeze.  If
I merely copy individual files across to the mounted zip it works. I've
tried cut/copy and paste with the same results.  There's nothing wrong
with the Zip drive as I tried a substitute and obtained the same result.

Did you rebuild the kernel? I don't use my zip drive too much but I know the
kernel has options going on about selecting parameters which affect the zip
drive. Can't rememeber exactly what - sorry. If you did rebuild the kernel
then you might want to check through that bit again.

John.