Re: [LUG] Going Debian - more Debian love

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:02:06PM +0100, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:
i'm not sure there are any woody full release ISO's arround, as mirrors are
trying to persuade people to use jigdo for making images.  however, i've
never played with it, so have *no* idea how it works...

I managed to find several .ISOs after searching for them on a finnish
mirror, ftp.fi.debian.org (took me a while though).

How creaky is unstable? Since I'm fed up of old packages....

i run unstable at home, though i'd never risk it on a server.  security.debian
always backport security fixes to main as soon as they are annouced, and
often take a few days longer to reach unstable.

Well, do not forget you have a choice of "testing" or sarge too. I run
unstable at my workstation at home. Nothing major has happened to break
my system(although some small annoying things have cropped out, which I
can't recall now).  On my server I ran with Woody until recently where I
have upgraded it to testing. It is still rock steady (although, for some
reason I have yet to figure out it cannot compile anything without it
bombing out at some point, yes I have memtest and that produces
different results (or no result) everytime I have run it.)

In Cornwall, I have installed Woody from CDs a friend sent from me from
Finland. :) And I must say, I am very pleased with everything (esp.
since Gnome2 packages are availible for woody). Not sure why I bother
now with unstable. :)

-Kai