Re: [LUG] UPS

Steve Marvell wrote:

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:39:33AM +0100, admin wrote:

You don't need anything exciting. Try and find one with proper plug
sockets in it, since the ones without are a pain.

...and improper ones would be? ;-)

Female kettle lead thingies. That is to say the ones which do not have
the exposed pins.

If you have a UPS with IEC sockets you could buy one of those power
leads that was used for connecting between PC and monitor. If you want
square pin plug sockets cut this cable and attach one of those four way
adapters. I have made such an adapter to plug electrical equipment into
my UPS. As an electronic engineer I also use my UPS to give an isolated
supply. Also useful for small power tools in remote locations.

The UPS used to live below my desk where I frequently kicked the
connectors out of their sockets, this happened far more often than other
interruptions. I eventually moved the UPS to a safer place.

--
Andrew Rogers
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk