[LUG] UPS

I live out in the sticks and have not exp. any power problems.

imo there is no need. So what if the power goes out? I have ext3.

Anyway from what I have seen of UPSes they are alive long enough for you
to shutdown, which is not important at all with a decent configuration.
I have even pulled out my HD while on and not lost data! ;)

-Kai

p.s. however I have had a couple of lightning strikes to my modem. A
BELKIN Mastercare cube(from dabs.com) has since sorted out that problem
protecting both the power supply and the modem from something hazardous
and scary.